Systems Management Unit (SMU) was founded in 2021. SMU is responsible for managing the ITUM IT infrastructure which includes administration of ITUM network backbone, general server administration, and maintenance of common computing facilities. We Offer the technical support and solutions to all ICT inquiries from all Academic, Non-Academic staff and students. We take a team based approach to our work bringing together multiple perspectives and skill sets to identify creative solutions. The diversity of our collective skill set and our commitment enables us to deploy tailor independent and feasible solutions to suit the unique needs of the ITUM community. All parties can reach us via Help-desk Ticketing System (https://helpdesk.itum.mrt.ac.lk), email, over the phone or walk into SMU.
- Development and maintenance of the ITUM website.
- Managing the ITUM E-Mail service.
- Managing and providing the internet facility.
- Maintain learning management system.
- Designing, developing & maintenance of systems tailored to meet the requirements of ITUM.
- Development and maintenance of the Wi-Fi network.
- Oversee the installation, operation, and maintenance of the CCTV cameras.
- Administer the installation, operation, and maintenance of the VoIP system.
- Designing & implementing local area networks.
- Development and maintenance of the fiber backbone.
- Preparing specifications and technical evaluations.
- Troubleshooting and maintenance of ICT equipment.
- Installation of software and providing security software.
- Assisting the ITUM staff for their ICT requirements.
- Advisory services & technical support for students.
- Conducts special training programs for ITUM staff.
Systems Management Unit