The Finance Division of the Institute of Technology, University of Moratuwa (ITUM) is responsible for carrying out the following activities that can be broadly classified under financial management activities, under the guidance of the Board of Management of the Institute, in compliance with the government financial rules and regulations.
- Establishing financial objectives
- Setting financial targets
- proper financial control systems
- proper management information systems
- good internal Control for financial matters
- Monitoring, reviewing and performing corrective actions
- Preparing Annual Reports and accounts
The Deputy Bursar and Senior Assistant Bursar are assisted by a staff consisting of a Book Keeper, Storekeeper, Clerk, Shroff and a Computer Applications Assistant` to ensure proper administering of funds and maintaining proper books of accounts under the guidance of the Director and compliance with relevant rules and Regulations imposed by UGC.
Within the broader financial management activities of the finance division some of the specific functions carried out by the division listed below can be considered as useful for all the students.
- All payments to the students which includes Payment of Bursary and Mahapola
- Receiving of payments by the students which include Registration, Library Fines, Certificate Fee, application Fees, and Award ceremony Fee.
It is important for all the students to be mindful that the ITUM spends approximately Rs.92,000/= per year for each student according to the year 2012 records. Funds for the ITUM are provided by the General Treasury and these are all public funds. As such, it is the duty of the Senior Assistant Bursar to ensure equity and accountability to all stakeholders of public funds while providing the best service to the students at the ITUM in an effective and efficient manner.